Skip to main content




24823 SOTO ROAD, ROOM 18

PHONE: (510) 723-3857, EXT. 34215 or 34216

Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm

Closed for lunch 12 pm - 1 pm

email -

The Hayward Unified School District offers all students the opportunity to inquire, explore, learn, and prepare. It’s why we have established engaging programs designed to encourage students to reach their full post-Hayward potential. With our career pathways,  college readiness programs, language  programs and more, we’re readying them for college, career, and anything the world has in store. It’s an exciting time to be Made in Hayward.

*For TK-12 grade, follow registration steps 1-4 below. Preschool registration(except special education preschool) is managed separately. For those details, click below to visit the preschool page.


  1. Parent/legal guardian photo identification (driver’s license, passport) is for verification only
  2. Proof of Residency - TWO documents tied to the home (within the last 30 days):
    1. Mortgage statement or current property tax bill
    2. Rental property contract, lease or payment receipts with landlord’s information
    3. Current utility bill (PG&E, water or cable) with name and address
    4. State/Government agency letter
    5. Check or pay stub
    6. Current voter registration
    7. Declaration of Residency (EC 48204.1)

If you share a residence but the proof of residency is in the name of another, please complete the affidavit below and upload it in your online registration

Shared Residency Affidavit: EnglishSpanish

Homeless children and youths are individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. If your family is in an unstable living situation, please complete the questionnaire below and upload it in your online registration

MV Housing Questionnaire Affidavit: English / Spanish

  1. Proof of birth – Birth Certificate, Non-Expired Passport or Baptismal Certificate for each student that will be enrolled
  2. Current immunization record for each student.
  3. Proof of Tdap is required for grades 7-12.
  4. No student may start school without documentation of ALL required immunization.
  5. Current physical examination record (for TK & Kindergarten or 1st grader if never enrolled in school (valid exam up to 18 months prior to entry)
  6. Dental examination record (for TK & Kindergarten or 1st grader if never enrolled in Kindergarten - 12 months prior to entering public school)

Medical form: English / Spanish

Dental form: English / Spanish

Required additional items:

  1. Report Card from the previous school attended. For students enrolling in grades 9-12: withdrawal grades and transcript are required
  2. If your student is receiving special education services, a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) is required
  3. Current 504 Plan (if applicable)
  4. Custody or restraining court orders (if applicable)
  5. Guardianship or Foster Care placement documents (if applicable)
  6. Parent Questionnaire - Used for Preschool Special Education ONLY -  English / Spanish

       OLR Online Registration                                                                                         Please have all "required documents" (listed in Step 1) available before you begin your online registration.  During the application process, you will be required to upload the required documents

TK-8th Grade and Special Education Preschool

TK-8th Grade and Special Education Preschool

  • Families enrolling students in TK-8th grade or Special Education Preschool will receive a phone call at their scheduled appointment time to complete the enrollment process.  

High School

  • Follow the directions from your high school to complete the enrollment process.  

Helpful resources


2023-2024 School Year

09/2/18 to 04/2/19

Transitional Kindergarten

09/2/17 to 09/1/18


09/2/16 to 09/1/17


09/2/15 to 09/1/16


09/2/14 to 09/1/15


09/2/13 to 09/1/14


09/2/12 to 09/1/13


09/2/11 to 09/1/12


09/2/10 to 09/1/11


09/2/09 to 09/1/10


10/2/08 to 09/1/09


11/3/07 to 10/1/08


12/3/06 to 11/2/07


12/3/05 to 12/2/06



Intradistrict Transfer

An intradistrict transfer/open enrollment is when parents/guardians wish to register/admit/enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area within their district.

Interdistrict Transfers

Inter-District transfer permits are used to allow students to attend school OUTSIDE of their district of residence (HUSD Board Policy 5117).  A transfer application must originate from the student’s district of residence.


Click HERE to learn more about the transfer process

QUESTION: Do I need an email address to access online registration?     Answer: Yes, a valid e-mail address is required to complete the online registration process at home. Sign up for a free email account with Google

QUESTION: What if I can't access Campus Online Registration?           Answer:  Before you begin the application process, please turn off all POP-UP Blockers in your browser - Internet Explorer - Google Chrome

Turn Pop-up Blocker off for Internet Explorer

  1. Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button and then select Internet options.
  2. On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker checkbox, and then select OK.

Turn pop-ups off Google Chrome

  1. On your computer, open Chrome
  2. At the top right, click "more"
  3. Click Settings.
  4. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  5. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
  6. Click Popups.
  7. Allowed site to show pop-ups

Question: Who should access online registration?      Answer: Parent/Guardians of NEW or RETURNING HUSD students, or students who are changing HUSD schools during the school year. Online registration is not needed for students who move from 6th to 7th or 8th to 9th. Students will move to the school based on your current address.

Question: How can I access online registration?                                 Answer: Online registration can be accessed from a web-enabled device at home, the HUSD Enrollment Center, or any HUSD school site.

Question: How long will it take to complete the online registration form?                                                                                                         Answer: 15-30 minutes; please have all required information listed below available before you begin the online registration.

  • Household information: address and phone numbers
  • Parent information: work and cell phone numbers in addition to email addresses
  • Student information; prior school records, birth certificate, immunization, and medical information
  • Emergency contact: name and phone numbers of three non-household contacts.

Question: What happens after I submit my online registration?        Answer

  • TK – 8th grade students: Parent/guardians will need to schedule a 30-minute appointment at You will receive a PHONE CALL the date/time of your appointment to complete the enrollment process. Enrollment Tech will attempt to reach you via phone 3 times, if you do not answer the call, you will be required to reschedule your appointment. ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE UPLOADED TO YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION TO COMPLETE YOUR ENROLLMENT
  • High School (9th -12th grade students): Parent/Guardians will complete the OLR and upload ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.  Call or email the registrar at your assigned high school based on your address to complete your student's enrollment.

Note: As a courtesy,  you may contact your utility company while at the Enrollment Center and have them fax your bill to our office. Our fax number is (510) 781-6161.

additional information