HUSD Assessment Calendar
About the Department
The department coordinates a range of assessment and evaluation activities, including:
- Coordination and support for Benchmark and State mandated testing
- Data reports for Superintendent, Principals and School Board
- Data reports for district programs
- Data presentations to school administrators, teachers, parents and other groups
- Support and analysis of district-wide formative and summative assessments
- Maintenance of data warehouse
- Report Cards
- OARS training and support for teachers and administrators
- SARC and OCR reports
- Research Projects
You Are Invited...
Please Join Us for a Live Presentation about CAASPP
February 27, 2015 from 9:30AM to 11:00 AM
SIAC: Student Information and Assessment Center
CAASPP Materials & Tools
Supports & Accommodations
CTA - Testing and Standards
Connecting Assessment Data to Instructional Planning
Review assessment reports and other data to develop an understanding of the information and what it means.
Compare the concepts and skills that will be tested and augment with those covered by your school's curriculum. If they are different, you will have to do something about the gaps. For example, use new materials or additional lessons.
Review assessment results in relation to other academic achievement data (e.g.; grades, class test scores). Identify content areas that show similar and different results.
Analyze the similarities and differences between assessment results and other achievement data.
Using the analysis of similarities and differences, develop strategies to modify curriculum, instruction, and assessment to improve student learning at your school.